Monday, January 23, 2012

Hopefully, A Beginning And Not The End

For the most part, I am a inexperienced Linux user. This requires extensive use of google, hoping any problems I have are common enough that I can find solutions rather quickly. Every now and again I run into that dreaded thread, depicted in this xkcd comic: http://xkcd.com/979/. The purpose of this blog is to document all problems and solutions I come across in my Linux endeavors for the reference of others (hence the name of the blog), and for myself.

Most of what I have learned has been from trying to understand the commands I am told to run, as opposed to posting output and waiting for the next command. As a result, my goal is to explain everything clearly enough that something is learned from reading a post, in addition to fixing the problem.

There is no set schedule for posts. I simply will post solutions to problems as I come across them, assuming I have the time. A friend of mine will also help with contributions on the same basis. Hopefully, at some point, we'll help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment